15 May 2014

Sewing and Such...

I could rather grandly call it 'my desk' but in reality it's the dining/craft table that lives in our dining/play room.

There is a theme with the table, I clear in preparation to work/craft at it and various kiddos will come along and fill said cleared space with their work/craft.

Space in a 3 bed house and 7 people is a thing of rarity!

Recently my eldest, Abba, has been as busy as a Bee, turning gorgeous Liberty fabric into even prettier cushions along with a whole host of other sewing projects!


In a recent break from her sewing I started a new project that has been in the wings for far too long!

My middle daughter, Lolly, has been after a standard lamp for her room for quite a while.  
I had the stand and shade 
{this one}


After a bit of a re-think she decided she would like it all white so I set to work on another stand and stripping the shade of washi tape and pom poms.


I have a selection of lovely linen table cloths and found one with a couple of minor imperfections and set about making her lampshade out of one of them


It was/is going well until we hit this week...

GCSE's start this week and Lolly has taken over the desk for her revision. 
So once again the desk is not mine to play with for a time


I am so very near finishing the shade, it has been a lot easier to make one second time around 
{despite not having the original shade pieces to use as a template}

The first one I did was a labour of love


which after not selling at the last fair is now hanging, 
albeit upside down, 
on my landing!!

And I have a plan for this lovely table cloth, I'll give you a clue...
think window


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear what you think
Nicky
x