17 May 2014

Vintage Inspiration in the Garden...

I have a small, chicken ruined garden.  Last year I set about re-seeding it, which went ok-ish but it is still in need of a lot of love.

You will I hope see a theme in my crafty blog, of re-purposing old bits into new bits.  
Or re-jigging things to work.
Mainly painting stuff...it is a joke in the family that if it stands still long enough I will paint it.

Roll on a pot of wood stain later and we have progress on the patio


I've taken the chalk board down and re-housed that down to the grassy area and dumped the shelves that were in the corner as they had rotted.  Just need to re-paint that fence!

The ladder was lingering in the house for far too long, gathering dust and not being at all useful.  
It is now suited and booted, almost finished to hold some pretty plants.

The bench in the back is one of two, sturdy old school benches fished out of a skip a couple of years back.  
We don't have space a proper table and chairs out here so we tend to use the benches as a table or flexible seating if the teens have friends over.
The other one will I hope have tomato plants growing on it shortly {in preparation for chutney making later this year!}

The deckchair is also one of a pair, bought at a dump many years ago.  Stripped back awaiting a new cover {ooo you'll like it when you see it}

The boot rack bought last week at the booty for a wonderful £3, long on my wish list but not being prepared to pay retail I thought it would just stay on the wish list but lucky old me found one!

I got fed up of seeing the pink birdcage waiting for love so have lined it with moss and filled it with a selection of hanging basket flowers!  It looks lovely and is outside the window where I spend many hours washing up!



The strawberries are in old enamel bread bins, planted last year.
Fingers crossed I will beat my youngest kiddos to actually have more than the one strawberry this year!

And tadpoles!



Once again not really a craft but things that keep me busy!
All practical stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Still loving that pink birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you go - I was thinking about you and your garden and here it is! It is looking good - if you know a good way of getting rid of slugs please count me in......they are my undoing!

    I hope that all is well
    Take care
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear what you think
Nicky
x