16 Apr 2014

Mothers Day 2014...

I am  a lucky girl...

This year Mothers Day was dry and sunny,
I made a most delicious roast dinner with the best bit of beef I've eaten in years {thanks farmer Giles!}

I was gifted pretty flowers...



But I was also gifted a day off, a real genuine day off!!
Not on Mothers Day, that was spent with various little and big ones and a trip to see my very own mum x

No my day off was...

The Cath Kidston store in a local town was hosting a Lampshade Making workshop and I booked myself in!

It was good fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, I chose my fabric online the night before...


Cath Kidston Big Budgies


and soon got to work...



perched {do you get it?} just inside the shop by the door


it was a fun couple of hours and I had a legit reason to be lingering in a very cute little shop!

The end result?  
Well turned out way better than I had hoped



soon to be listed for sale

 and

Ties in nicely with another little March project which I'll show and tell next time!



2 comments:

  1. That lampshade is fab! Love your choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for popping by...I am trying to keep up in blogland but my laptop is slowly on its way out and by the time I start it's had enough!
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear what you think
Nicky
x