18 Apr 2014

Up-cycled Bird Cage...


A while ago, well last year, I had an idea after a bit of buyers regret.  
I had spotted at the boot sale a really cute very old bird cage.  It was small but curvy and reminded me of the little old fashioned caravans {that I dream of owning}

Anyway at the time as much as I liked it I had already filled both my arms with booty and in the heat couldn't be bothered to struggle back to the car with it.
*sigh*
Hence the buyers regret...snooze you lose

Roll onto to a wet day earlier this year and I found a bit of a beauty...



The idea I had brewing was split in 2.

A shelf for my girls room, which would mean cutting the front of it off and inserting a shelf

or 

to fill it with potted plants as I have a set of steps for the garden which it would look lovely hanging off

Now if it was to go into the girls room it would need to be white so...


but it wasn't rocking it for the girls and I put plan B into action...

Paint it bright pink to either go in the garden or list it for sale...

I have to say I think Plan B is the better one


and it sits nicely with the hand-made Cath Kidston Budgie fabric lampshade...



4 comments:

  1. I love it! Pink was definately the right choice. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely idea and i love the lampshade in the previous post as well - you are clever!! thanks for answering my question about the washi tape - i'm useless at the moment with blogland and have only just remembered to look!!!! take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both...my laptop is slowly losing the will to live and battery simply doesn't hold the charge!
      Nicky
      x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear what you think
Nicky
x