10 Jan 2014

My 'How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers'...


I don't feel qualified to call this a proper grown up girls 'Tute' but for what it's worth this is how I made my tissue paper flowers.

Materials List:
*Tissue Paper
{I used 16gsm sheets and each flower used 8 sheets}
*Wool, wire or similar to attach finished flowers
*Sharp scissors

Cut 8 sheets of tissue paper into rectangles


Fold into concertina, I made each fold approx 2cm 



Fold in half to fin centre


Tie wool and knot in place in the middle


Using your sharp scissors either round or pointy the ends


Now you can start to unfold the paper



Stick with it as it may look a bit of a mess to start with, I do one half at a time


Et Voila...


Fiddle around to hide seams/gaps


And attach to whatever you've got lined up for them!


Using sheets of 15cm x 25cm {approx} made the middle sized flowers on the wreath.  
The more sheets of tissue the more 'blousie' the flower.

I think this will make a fun activity for kiddos aged 7/8 yrs+.  I couldn't see my 5yr old having the patience to unfold the sheets carefully.

I'm also quite sure that with pipe cleaners they could make a lovely Mothers Day bunch of flowers?  Will have to give that one a try... 

2 comments:

  1. Keep meaning to make some of these, thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to photo's on your blog if you get around to it...
      Nicky
      x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear what you think
Nicky
x