6 Jan 2014

WIP or Simply Unfinished?...

Tell me what do you see?

When you spot unfinished 'things' loitering around.

Are they works in progress?  

How do you class your works in progress?  If it carries over into a new year does it still count as a WIP?  Can WIP last for years!?

Or

Are they unfinished projects, unfinished business?  
Do you shut them away from your eyes or do you brazen it out ignoring their half naked state?

When does the time come to cut your losses?

Does there come a time to admit defeat?

I have two blankets on the go from last year.  One was is a Crimbo gift the other a house warming gift...BOTH are way overdue.
Both will be gratefully/happily received and I'm sure loved. 

Both will be completed because I have promised them to be so. 

I am just curious as to how others see those inevitable piles of yarn or fabric 
{or whatever your crafting weakness may be}

***

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Good question, I'm not sure what I do, depends I guess on how much I love that particular wip. If I don't totally love it, it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{Hello you}}...I'm thinking along the lines of WIP and Shelved. WIP where I am actually spending time on them and shelved where they languish for that right moment of MOJO!
      Nicky
      x

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I have just stumbled across your blog and your post made me giggle because when I put together my little 'look back' on last year I had one blanket that I kept picking up and putting down all the way through - and I'm still working on it now !!
    Will be back to visit again,
    Kate
    www.justpootling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      Thanks for dropping by, I'm coming to the conclusion that most of us have WIP's...some just linger longer!! Your daughters Housewarming blanket looks lovely and snuggly.
      Nicky
      x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear what you think
Nicky
x